Most brochures that businesses put out today end up doing little to impact the sales of that business. By applying the 6 must-have elements listed below you will transform you brochure from trash can lining into a powerful sales tool.
1. A Benefit-Filled Headline. On the cover of most brochures you'll usually find nothing more than the company name, logo, and maybe a quick slogan like "committed to excellence". This isn't horrible, but there is a much better way to enhance your brochure. If you want to turn your brochure into a powerful sales tool you need to grab your prospects attention immediately. You do that through a benefit-loaded headline.
A benefit-loaded headline is a headline that clearly and powerfully communicates a desirable benefit that your product or service offers your customers. For example a benefit-loaded headline for a heating and cooling company would be "How the New XYZ System Can Shave $800 Off Your Utility Bill This Year". This headline is clear, specific, and powerful. If a customer were in the market for a new heating or cooling system this headline would draw the prospect into the brochure.
2. Educational Content. Prospects read brochures because they want to make the best possible buying decision. Usually when someone reads a brochure, they are hungry for knowledge about your product or service. Make sure your brochure is written in such a way that your prospects will know more about your product or service after they read the brochure than they did before.
3. Unique Selling Proposition (USP). A USP is something that separates you from your competition. To be ultimately effective you want your brochure to cause prospects to lean toward your company instead of your competitors. Your USP is a statement that either your competitors can't, or aren't saying. A popular old USP that you'll recognize is "Delivered in 30 Minutes or It's FREE!" This USP was effective because nobody else was saying it.
4. Proof. Anytime you make a statement regarding the benefits that your product will bring, you need to back that statement up with proof. Testimonials, quotes, charts, graphs, pictures, endorsements, and articles are great ways to prove your claims and cause your prospects to believe what you are saying. Remember that most people are skeptical initially, but you can overcome that skepticism with proof.
5. A Low-Risk Offer. After a customer has read your USP, your educational content, and your proof, you need to encourage them to take the next step in the buying process.
The next step could be to make a purchase, to call for more information, to set an appointment, or whatever. Whatever the next logical step is you need to invite your prospect to take it, and make them feel comfortable about taking it. If you want them to make a purchase, mention a money-back guarantee. If you want them to call for more information, reassure them that they won't be pressured. You need to try and remove all of the possible barriers that would prevent a person from taking the next step.
Incorporate as many or these elements as you can to ensure your brochure leads your prospects closer to making a buying decision.
Brett Curry is a Marketing Consultant and Marketing Director for Brochures.com. Brochures.com is the home of top quality, full color brochures, business cards, postcards and more at up to 70% off of retail. http://www.brochures.com [email protected]
Electronic display signs are used nowadays in great extent to... Read More
Today in the Business world whether online or off, it... Read More
Recently, a woman called to ask about replacing a magnetic... Read More
Stand Out in Ways that Matter to Directory Users A... Read More
One of the best and easiest ways to advertise without... Read More
Solution: You can protect yourself by partnering with other lead... Read More
Have you ever had to distribute door-hanger advertisements for your... Read More
Today's online marketplace is extremely competitive. People want to market... Read More
Many people in business lay-out (design) their own ads. That... Read More
Achieving sales is probably the biggest challenge a web business... Read More
One of the challenges facing marketers is determining the most... Read More
Your Yellow Page Ad Deserves More than 10 Minutes of... Read More
Do you know about the distinction - and it's a... Read More
These days, everyone's looking to save a buck. But if... Read More
What's the cheapest, most under-used marketing tool you have?The answer's... Read More
Ask anybody who has been in business for a long... Read More
You've decided to launch your advertising campaign but you have... Read More
Every community has 'em. Fast talkers who roll into town... Read More
Make a list of everything you think should be included... Read More
Advertising will make or break your business. It is crucial... Read More
Starting a placemat ad business can create more business for... Read More
Everyone knows that advertising is essential to growing a business.... Read More
The content of advertising is basically the same no matter... Read More
The single easiest way to increase sales is to look... Read More
How To Gain FREE Advertising That Will Make You Rich!Okay-Just... Read More
"How brochures can help you stand out from the competition,... Read More
Electronic reader boards are the most efficient way to convey... Read More
Well, Super Bowl XXXIX is history. Too bad for the... Read More
Admittedly, I have not seen your advertising flyer. Then again,... Read More
The most basic answer is the same answer as to... Read More
1. Give your customers a discount when they spend over... Read More
Unless you have become extremely popular in your personal or... Read More
Advertising is a powerful and somewhat frustrating marketing tool. It... Read More
When you spend money on an advertisement you want to... Read More
You certainly must know that Many Big Marketers consider COPYWRITING... Read More
Organized your pencils and pens lately? Sorted your clothes into... Read More
One of the keys to strong positive mental attitude is... Read More
I am always amazed when I hear about companies who... Read More
I'm sure while you have seen many tips on advertising,... Read More
Philadelphia retailer and US Postmaster General, John Wanamaker, once said,... Read More
CD Business cards are the electronic version of the now... Read More
Here's a fascinating idea.. Having noticed that there always seemed... Read More
Do you send email to your Online audience to let... Read More
So many business people neglect this valuable asset that may... Read More
2005 puts us at the mid-point of the first decade... Read More
An effective way to gain company recognition is to order... Read More
For Everyone Who Has Ever Struggled Sorting Out Benefits From... Read More
I promise you'll be able to finish this article before... Read More
The ability to lead, persuade and influence are integral skills... Read More
When you read the newspaper, do you read advertisements as... Read More