There is a growing volume of research that shows' staying positive is better for your health; you can cope better with stress. It's better for relationships; you keep from judging people and getting the bad habit of gossiping. It takes much more energy to be negative, always worrying, thinking of the " what if's", the "should's". Being positive, living in the present will lighten your life and the mood of others around you.
1. Attitude is everything. It is the lens that you look through to experience your reality. Take a look at your attitude. Are you negative? Do you color everything with fear or need? How will your life change if you change your attitude?
2. Treat people with kindness and respect. Everyone that you encounter should be valued, treated with courtesy. Acknowledge that they have feelings and their own perspective on life, they may be different than yours but they are also valid.
3. Avoid comparison- whether you are looking down at the people who have not mastered special strengths or up at people who may be more experienced or accomplished. Constantly comparing yourself keeps the focus on the other person instead of what you can do, want to do, and are good at doing. Look inside and improve from there.
4. Take responsibility for your work, actions, and life? Don't pass the buck. Don't make excuses. Take responsibility; acknowledge a mistake fix it and learn from it. Don't beat yourself up about the mistake, or hang onto past mistakes. Resolve them, own them and move forward. Today.
5. That doesn't work for me. Keep this in mind when someone offers a put down. When they cross your boundaries. Your worth comes from you; your being, your true self. They cannot change your intrinsic value unless you let them. Make it clear that what they are doing doesn't work for you, keep your boundaries and move forward.
6. Respect other people's time and boundaries. If you are having a bad day, feeling stuck, or you are just enjoying procrastinating. Make sure you don't use that as an excuse to waste other people's time or cross their boundaries. Time is the most valuable thing we have. If you feel like wasting your time that's your decision but don't waste other people's time.
7. Make a "what I have accomplished list". Too often people make huge to-do lists and then beat themselves up when they have only accomplished a few things on the list. Keep your master list of what you want to accomplish so you don't forget things that are important to you, but keep a second list you update daily. Each day keep a specific list of all the things you did and how much time you spent on each thing. You'll know where the day went, can feel good about what you did accomplish and see where you need to focus, to get what's most important to you, done.
8. Take notice of the people around you; co-workers, customers, clients, vendors, and other people you come in contact with each day. Acknowledge what they are contributing and don't take them for granted. Thank them for buying from you, for their help, their value to the relationship, and for a job well done.
9. Enjoy the little things that happen in your day. The compliment someone gave you on the insight you shared at the staff meeting. The big smile the customer gave you when they picked up their order. By recognizing your accomplishments even if they seem small or routine, you are acknowledging a job well done.
10. Coming from a positive attitude and perspective you will feel more in control. Consider each job and interaction as your best performance, rather than just running them together as part of your day. You will see the impact you have and the value you offer. People will be attracted to this. They will notice how well you do things and they will truly value you.
About The Author
©BZ Riger-Hull. Author of The Soul of Success http://www.in-spiros.com For valuable free articles, mailto:[email protected] Certified as a Success Coach, "Four Agreements" Facilitator, & Tele-Course leader We help you communicate powerfully, reduce stress, Strategically Attract success, & increase your financial well-being. Our coaching programs and Tele-Courses give you the Tools you need to Succeed.