There is a growing volume of research that shows' staying positive is better for your health; you can cope better with stress. It's better for relationships; you keep from judging people and getting the bad habit of gossiping. It takes much more energy to be negative, always worrying, thinking of the " what if's", the "should's". Being positive, living in the present will lighten your life and the mood of others around you.
1. Attitude is everything. It is the lens that you look through to experience your reality. Take a look at your attitude. Are you negative? Do you color everything with fear or need? How will your life change if you change your attitude?
2. Treat people with kindness and respect. Everyone that you encounter should be valued, treated with courtesy. Acknowledge that they have feelings and their own perspective on life, they may be different than yours but they are also valid.
3. Avoid comparison- whether you are looking down at the people who have not mastered special strengths or up at people who may be more experienced or accomplished. Constantly comparing yourself keeps the focus on the other person instead of what you can do, want to do, and are good at doing. Look inside and improve from there.
4. Take responsibility for your work, actions, and life? Don't pass the buck. Don't make excuses. Take responsibility; acknowledge a mistake fix it and learn from it. Don't beat yourself up about the mistake, or hang onto past mistakes. Resolve them, own them and move forward. Today.
5. That doesn't work for me. Keep this in mind when someone offers a put down. When they cross your boundaries. Your worth comes from you; your being, your true self. They cannot change your intrinsic value unless you let them. Make it clear that what they are doing doesn't work for you, keep your boundaries and move forward.
6. Respect other people's time and boundaries. If you are having a bad day, feeling stuck, or you are just enjoying procrastinating. Make sure you don't use that as an excuse to waste other people's time or cross their boundaries. Time is the most valuable thing we have. If you feel like wasting your time that's your decision but don't waste other people's time.
7. Make a "what I have accomplished list". Too often people make huge to-do lists and then beat themselves up when they have only accomplished a few things on the list. Keep your master list of what you want to accomplish so you don't forget things that are important to you, but keep a second list you update daily. Each day keep a specific list of all the things you did and how much time you spent on each thing. You'll know where the day went, can feel good about what you did accomplish and see where you need to focus, to get what's most important to you, done.
8. Take notice of the people around you; co-workers, customers, clients, vendors, and other people you come in contact with each day. Acknowledge what they are contributing and don't take them for granted. Thank them for buying from you, for their help, their value to the relationship, and for a job well done.
9. Enjoy the little things that happen in your day. The compliment someone gave you on the insight you shared at the staff meeting. The big smile the customer gave you when they picked up their order. By recognizing your accomplishments even if they seem small or routine, you are acknowledging a job well done.
10. Coming from a positive attitude and perspective you will feel more in control. Consider each job and interaction as your best performance, rather than just running them together as part of your day. You will see the impact you have and the value you offer. People will be attracted to this. They will notice how well you do things and they will truly value you.
About The Author
©BZ Riger-Hull. Author of The Soul of Success http://www.in-spiros.com For valuable free articles, mailto:[email protected] Certified as a Success Coach, "Four Agreements" Facilitator, & Tele-Course leader We help you communicate powerfully, reduce stress, Strategically Attract success, & increase your financial well-being. Our coaching programs and Tele-Courses give you the Tools you need to Succeed.
Most of us carry on a running internal dialogue at... Read More
Our lives are busy. We rush here only to remember... Read More
I am often astounded at what and why people believe... Read More
The mind absolutely amazes me. It will never be understood,... Read More
Many people who suffer from low self-esteem would give anything... Read More
James Allen, who wrote the masterpiece, As a Man Thinketh,... Read More
In my work as a professional coach, I've had the... Read More
I need your help. I did a good deed recently,... Read More
When I was a young girl, my sister and I... Read More
Who can control a smile sneaking across your face as... Read More
Did you know that our thoughts may be influencing our... Read More
When I was a young man, even a teenager for... Read More
You may be facing a type of disappointment, frustration, loss,... Read More
Are you a person who loves challenges, or hates them?... Read More
? Make a list of all your accomplishments in life... Read More
In 1978, Erma Bombeck wrote a book entitled "The Grass... Read More
One of my class fellows was really tensed, when asked... Read More
"Every prayer - every thought, every statement, every feeling -is... Read More
In many ways the Star War movies are simply a... Read More
"At birth, a baby's brain contains 100 billion neurons, roughly... Read More
Unhappy moods can be like comfortable sweaters, those old ones:... Read More
Turn negative thoughts into positive ones.Negative thoughts can be very... Read More
Can you do something for me?Tell me?Please don't think tomorrow.What?Yeah,... Read More
Many people would say that it is absolute madness to... Read More
Once upon a time, I was a vibrant, youthful teenager...My... Read More
Smart folk have always realised how vital it is to... Read More
The hardest part of success is the **courage** you need... Read More
Wahms, do you constantly compare yourself with others and come... Read More
Woe is me... life has dealt me a bad hand...... Read More
The other day I bought an unusual piece of software:... Read More
Does negative thinking pay? Is it desirable for me to... Read More
Bosses can't control many things at work. In fact, they... Read More
? If it takes me to periphery (Drifted into continuous... Read More
In speaking of comparison we need to be aware that... Read More
Music penetrates our mental barriers and influences the deepest areas... Read More
Are you driving under the influence of impaired emotions?Dateline: December... Read More
There are many stories of people injuring themselves, and others,... Read More
Lately, I've been hearing that it's not okay to have... Read More
I was a young girl aged 12, when the one... Read More
Some people are full of confidence and able to meet... Read More
Looking for a bit more mindfulness in your daily life?... Read More
When you're feeling "low," or out of the flow, it's... Read More
I don't want to say people are basically negative but?..if... Read More
I have a 440-page guide on how to simplify my... Read More
You wake up in the morning sleepy and fatigued; the... Read More
"Those people who think they can do something and those... Read More
Byron and I started our first business full of enthusiasm... Read More
You have probably noticed those people at work, school, and... Read More
"A person is limited only by the thoughts that he... Read More
As a being of thought, your dominant mental attitude will... Read More
Positive Attitude Tips Positive Attitude Tips