Google's AdSense program is one of the best, if not the best, revenue programs for web site managers. While the program has certainly created wealth for many site owners, there are opportunities for you to increase your wealth if you follow these important strategies.
1. Increase Your Content. A small 8-10 page site can generate AdSense revenue particularly if the information is up to date and the site is well maintained. A better option: increase your site's size by at least tenfold and include AdSense ads on those pages as well. So, you're not a writer? Don't let that stop you! There are plenty of article submission sites on the internet which will allow for you to take their content and include it on your site as long as all the links listed within the article remain in place.
2. Experiment With Ad Placement. Ads that are clean, borderless and above the fold of the screen are certain to get noticed. Google has some wonderful tips on their site outlining the best strategies for ad placement; incorporate their suggestions and your revenue will increase.
3. Wrap Your Article. Your ads can appear right in the middle of your article [actually, to the left or to the right of it] and the text of the article will wrap around your ad. Guess what? Because Google does such a superb job of serving relevant ads, your readers will notice that the ads served match your content. They will click for more information it they notice the ad.
4. Declutter Your Site. An overcrowded page will look too busy, distract your readers, and cause them to move on without clicking on your ads. Make your site as visually appealing as possible; use Verdana or Arial as your fonts, black or navy as the font colors, size your fonts appropriately. Have your ad match your page color, omit borders, and go for a clean look.
5. Use Channels. Google has this to say about channels:Channels provide you with a way to view detailed reporting about the performance of your pages. By assigning a channel to any combination of pages, you can track a variety of metrics across your sites. Track your leaderboard performance versus the performance of your towers, or compare your motorcycle pages to your automobile pages, by assigning each group of pages to a specific channel and comparing results in your custom channel reports. You can even assign a channel to each of your separate domains, to see where your clicks are coming from.Naturally, by utilizing channels you will learn the specific amount of income generated by each page and then be able to adjust your pages accordingly.
6. Include High Paying Keywords. Some keywords pay more than others, much more in fact. You may be generating steady income, but at a nickel or dime a click that does not translate into much money. Learn which words pay more and include content containing those words.
AdSense revenue can vary greatly from month to month and you will even hear stories of people making a living off of Adsense. You can, but you need to do plenty of work by building a site that is relevant, AdSense popular, and loaded with content.
Matthew Keegan is The Article Writer who writes on just about any and every issue imaginable. You can preview samples from his high performing site at http://www.thearticlewriter.com