So, you've tried all the marketing techniques you have read about, and you're now ready to dabble on some pay per click magic. But this form of online wizardry needs more than just a sleight of hand, as it requires careful planning and a good sense of what should be expected.
We're talking about AdWords, that Google program that allows you to advertise your site through a link that is displayed prominently in every page of a search performed on keywords relevant to your business. The way it goes is that people would bid or certain keywords. The winner of the bid would have the link to his site attached to every query that contains the said keywords.
The bid price is not the only consideration in awarding keywords. Your Click Through Rate, or CTR, also plays an important factor. CTR is acquired by dividing the number of times a user clicks on your link whenever it appears on search engine results. Whenever your site's link appears in a search query, the event is called an impression. To illustrate, supposing your site's link appears 200 times in several searches. Your impression would be 200. Supposing further that 2 users click on your link during this period, your CTR would be 2/200, or 1%.
The best thing about AdWords is that the winner of the bid only has to pay when a user actually clicks on his link. This method has given birth to the term Pay Per Click, or PPC.
Here are some strategies to help you develop a strong AdWords marketing campaign.
1. RESEARCH YOUR KEYWORDS WELL. If you have an existing business, make sure that the keywords you will choose are widely used words or phrases that people type in their search queries. If you have yet to setup a business, make sure that the keywords you are considering are actually profitable, meaning, they cater to a market with a high demand.
2. CONSIDER CREATING MULTIPLE ADS FOR EVERY KEYWORD. By having several ads appearing for the same search query, you would be able to determine which works best. The ad that performs best should be used as a model for subsequent ones.
3. DO YOUR ACCOUNTING AND SET A BUDGET YOU'RE WILLING TO SPEND PER DAY. Google allows you to set a cap on the number of hits you could generate in a day. Study your finances and come up with a ceiling that would not eat up a substantial portion of your projected earnings.
4. WRITE YOUR ADS WELL. Make use of words that would attract the readers' attention. The words should be powerful without being flamboyant. The ad should also read nicely, with a good flow and accessible character. Do not write more than what is needed nor less than what is required.
5. ALWAYS STUDY YOUR ADS. Even if they are prominently being published on Google's search pages and producing passable CTRs, you should always take time to study and refine your ads. Changing their structure from time to time would also help in winning back the attention of those who have viewed them before. Dispose of the ads that are not performing well and design new ones.
6. TRACK YOUR ADS. There are many tools available on the net that would allow you to track which of your ads produce the most visitors. These tools would help you a lot in weeding out non-performing ads and discovering a pattern that makes your successful ones tick.
7. DESIGN NOW, ADJUST LATER. Since Google considers CTR before awarding a keyword, it is required that you produce a site that is rich with informative content. Content is what attracts visitors and increases your ste's CTR. Once a keyword has been awarded and your ads are producing a consistent number of hits, you could adjust your landing page to include a sales copy that would convert your visitors into successful sales. A good sales copy can also be informative despite being a sales pitch.
It has been said the Google AdWords is a fair playing field where the system does not choose between the rich and poor webmasters. But you could always play it smart and get the most out of AdWords.
Dave Drake is an author of online articles relating to Internet Marketing. To look at other articles and learn about a 3-step system on internet marketing that will show you a step-by-step system to make a residual income from home using the internet visit: http://www.workathome3-stepsystem.com
One of the hottest crazes for online marketers is Adsense... Read More
You know about Google Adsense, now it's Google Ad Links... Read More
In this age of speed dialing, T1 lines and other... Read More
The biggest stumbling block for most home business owners is... Read More
Campaign strategy for Paid placement:A Paid Marketing campaigns provides immediate... Read More
That's right! Many webmasters are getting suckered into joining adsense... Read More
An analysis of web's most popular 20,000 keywords by TopPayingKeywords.com,... Read More
If you are using pay per click advertising, I don't... Read More
Why do some companies bid on keywords for products they... Read More
Google's AdSense program is one of the best, if not... Read More
If you know anything at all about Internet marketing, then... Read More
Wouldn't it be great if every keyword in Google's entire... Read More
Without tracking, your online advertising is just a shot in... Read More
We've received many emails from customers over the past several... Read More
"Pay-for-Performance" or "Pay-per-Click" Internet advertising is making big waves lately,... Read More
Web marketing has taken on many different shapes during the... Read More
It seems at the moment that everybody is telling you... Read More
If you want to make money online with a work... Read More
Why should you pay to get web site traffic, isn't... Read More
There is a new advertising style from Google Adsense that... Read More
Ready for more tips on how to make your AdWords... Read More
I have utilized pay-per-click (PPC) advertising since its inception about... Read More
The truth about Google's Adsense program is that it is... Read More
So how do people find my website? This is by... Read More
It's worthwhile to examine Google's definition of Google AdSense and... Read More
It is really frustrating, is it not, to log into... Read More
If you've been looking for an easy way to increase... Read More
At first glance, Pay Per Click advertising seems to be... Read More
No matter how hard you work to optimize your page,... Read More
One of the biggest problems faced by ClickBank merchants is... Read More
A few days ago, I was setting up my latest... Read More
On Friday, July 15th all Google advertisers got the email... Read More
We read about how to develop a Google AdWord campaign,... Read More
Then most difficult aspect of marketing a new product or... Read More
Google announced in January 2005 significant changes in their popular... Read More
There are no guarantees in life, so I don't guarantee... Read More
Webmasters have a revolutionary new method of collecting income from... Read More
Google AdSense is a great way for webmasters to monetize... Read More
Lots of people would like to get their Web site... Read More
In private consultations with some Search Engine Optimizers I am... Read More
Examining the failures of the web content design of many... Read More
One of the best kept secrets in today's affiliate marketing... Read More
Webmasters know that Adsense generates a sizeable source of additional... Read More
Before Google's AdWords, Overture was the preeminent pay-per- click program.... Read More
The pay per click (PPC) search engines have created a... Read More
As anyone who uses Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising in... Read More
If you know anything at all about Internet marketing, then... Read More
These are simply advertisements related, in theory and often practice,... Read More
According to Andy Jones, a member of the Best Practices... Read More
During conversations with web business professionals about pay-per-click search engines,... Read More
Pay-Per-Click Advertising Pay-Per-Click Advertising