Somewhere between the first kiss and growing old together, many couples experience dormant growth phases during their relationship, leaving one, if not both partners with a need for greater input, emotionally and/or physically.
The process of emotional growth is both independent, and uncomfortable. To ideally maintain and promote harmony, each partner must be willing to flex with the growth needs of the other, while also contributing to the growth of the relationship.
A long-lasting relationship is founded on compassion, respect, and genuine love for your partner. These qualities can ? and should ? be frequently expressed in a number of ways, to reaffirm the value of the relationship. Continuously seeking to re-invent the relationship by expressing appreciation for your partner will solidify the connection between you.
To nudge your relationship out of the proverbial emotional drought, here is a list of suggestions for adding more passion into your relationship:
1. Reality check your partner. Before doing anything to encourage the relationship, ask yourself if your partner is good for you, and why. Know the basic answers like the back of your hand. If you find yourself unable or unwilling to admit value in your partner, you may be in the wrong relationship.
2. Acknowledge the uniqueness of the relationship through your partner. There is potential in every moment to experience the greatest point of your relationship. Showing appreciation for your partner's uniqueness further defines the relationship based on a broader attraction. Communicate the acknowledgement of individuality of your partner frequently, both emotionally and physically.
3. Make love right now. Allow the sexual aspect of your relationship to evolve into an activity of ultimate fulfillment, reserved only for your partner. Instead of making love for your satisfaction, make love for your partner, and allow them to do the same for you.
4. Be friends, too. Would you be friends with your partner, outside of the relationship? If you find the answer is "no," don't worry ? there's always time to make new friends. Identify activities you and your partner can do and enjoy together. Participate in a third-party project, such as charity work. Activities beyond intimacy will broaden, and therefore strengthen, the foundation of your relationship.
5. Be what you want to see. Demand no more out of your partner than what you are willing to make out of life yourself. If you are capable of great things ? and you are ? then get to work. Be certain to test all seemingly realistic requirements on yourself, before seeking to ask them of your partner.
6. Form a pact to achieve excellence in some way. Whether it be a physical health regimen, a bowling tournament, doing the taxes, or managing a business together, forming a pact to achieve excellence in a specific, tangible way will build trust between partners. Commitment to a short-term goal is the best exercise a relationship can get.
7. Love with your whole heart. All too many times, past relationships keep us from loving with our whole heart. If your relationship reality check is solid, ask yourself how you've been holding back on your partner, and why. Do you expect criticism, instead of acceptance? Recognize the boundaries of your love, and identify positive ways to expand them daily.
8. Improving yourself improves the relationship. Self enrichment is an effective, important means of perpetual contribution to your relationship. Expanding your personal knowledge and interests will keep conversations interesting and generate new ideas for growing together, through new activities and experiences shared between partners.
Remember, there's nothing wrong with taking care of you. The more you have to give, the more there will be to share with your significant other.
9. Explore diversity in faith, culture, or politics. Diversity ? and its acceptance ? serve as a cornerstone of any fulfilling, long-lasting relationship. Your partner is likely to embrace at least some perspectives different than your own with regard to religion, culture, or political affiliation. Look to explore your partner's diversity, and openly accept the differences that make you both unique.
10. Don't go to bed mad. Make it a point to resolve differences before going to bed. Allowing arguments or heated discussions to fester overnight can solidify emotions, while leaving the real issues behind. In addition to promoting communication and relationship stability, addressing differences before bed reduces stress and promotes better sleep.
A meaningful, fulfilling relationship is perhaps the greatest investment you can make in both yourself, and your partner. As your relationship grows, look for new ways to interact with each other as you haven't before. Each human represents a vast Universe of knowledge and emotion waiting for exploration by just one individual with the unwavering desire, patience, and capacity to know them.
Jim D. Ray is a parapsychologist with a diverse background in multiple subject concentrations, including business, psychology and parapsychology, criminal justice, philosophy, education, internet technology, physics, and vocal performance arts. Jim can be reached by e-mail at: [email protected].
Introduction"It just hit me out of the blue when Mike... Read More
What is Hoodie-Hoo Day and what does it have to... Read More
While this may not apply to everyone, you may find... Read More
If you are dating, engaged, or still trying to find... Read More
Please note that this is not an attempt to give... Read More
Here are a few observations on marriage and relationships.Information ExplosionJust... Read More
You've been in a relationship for quite some time and... Read More
"You know, I really do love fish!" My friend... Read More
Subtitle ? A Troll? What the **** is that and... Read More
Visit the dating sites.If finding love online is what you're... Read More
Remember When?When you were in elementary school, high school, and... Read More
There's something about America, our history, our values or maybe... Read More
If true love has been eluding you, you could increase... Read More
Welcome to Dumpsville. Population - you!You've been dumped for a... Read More
Think back to when you were a child. Pick a... Read More
All of us occasionally receive social invitations that we don't... Read More
One kind of extramarital affair revolves around sexual addiction. The... Read More
Chas and Dave wrote a song about it and how... Read More
Many women mistakenly believe they need to hire a private... Read More
Love is exciting, and when a relationship is new, almost... Read More
"When we marry, we don't marry one person, we marry... Read More
If you grew up in the 80s like I did,... Read More
Good relationships don't just happen. I've heard many of my... Read More
I'd like to shed some light on something that women... Read More
One day a telegram arrived at a man's door. When... Read More
"They may forget what you said, but they will never... Read More
I've seen a lot in my life. A lot of... Read More
Many guys are just too intimidated and full of anxiety... Read More
Who Is Some Who Loves You?1. Someone who sees the... Read More
Many relationship problems often begin with poor communication. Many couples... Read More
Many of us have some very definite ideas about anger.... Read More
What is supposed to be the most romantic day of... Read More
What is Love? This question has bothered me for a... Read More
How do you react when you are faced with spending... Read More
Open your mouth. What do I mean? Talk ? say... Read More
Have you ever been at a loss to think of... Read More
While conflict in marriage is inevitable, fighting is optional.The secret... Read More
Ashleigh Brillant once said""Coping with difficult people is always a... Read More
You've been dating the man forever, and he has yet... Read More
When you read it like that, out of context, you'd... Read More
We all enter relationships hoping they will make us happy.... Read More
All relationships have some adjustment periods, but being hurt shouldn't... Read More
Eleven o'clock on a weeknight I found myself phoning a... Read More
To manifest love through creative visualization, you first need to... Read More
Flowers are great gifts for practically any occasion, but there... Read More
People who experience bad health often have major league forgiveness... Read More
Now I really have seen everything.The other day, I saw... Read More
This is a common concern in our society for single... Read More
Divorce happens. I'm not going to debate the causes or... Read More
So, you want to fall in love? You are certainly... Read More