If you don't have the time, money or energy to plan and execute the perfect date, you're not alone. The good news is you can set up a romantic evening in just a few minutes and without any cost. Use these easy ideas to turn any evening at home into a romantic rendezvous.
1. Location ? Pick a spot outside like the hammock, lawn furniture or simply throw a blanket down. The stars make great romantic scenery. If you're staying in, pick a room you don't normally spend a lot of time in. It will help keep your minds off daily routines. Throwing pillows and blankets on the floor in front of the fireplace is very romantic. If you have children, put away any toys, bottles and clothing they may have left in the room so you're not thinking of them during your romantic evening.
2. Lighting ? Romance is about atmosphere, bright lights at night won't do. Turn the lights down. If you can't turn them down, you may want to unscrew a bulb or two to create a soft look in the room. You can light some candles. One or one hundred, it's up to you. Always take care when burning candles, don't leave unattended and don't burn them under curtains or other flammable items. Hanging a string of white lights somewhere in the room will create the feeling of warmth and passion. A sting of white lights will also look very romantic outside in a tree, on a porch or railing. If your location is outside, you can light torches and citronella candles to keep the bugs away.
3. Music ? Being in a good mood is key to pulling off a romantic evening and nothing can change your mood as quickly as music. Turn on the radio. Play music that makes you feel good and upbeat. It doesn't have to be boring elevator music, in fact that could make you and your partner drowsy. If you don't want commercial interruptions you can play your favorite CD's or tapes.
4. Edibles ? Grab a nice looking dish and raid the cupboards. The typical romantic snack foods are: cheese, crackers, grapes, and strawberries. But if you don't have these items anything bite size will do such as peanuts, pretzels, cut vegetables, etc. Put any drinks in wine glasses. Wine, beer, soda, fruit drinks and even water are more enticing when served in wine glasses.
5. Alone Time ? This is time for just the two of you. No company, no distractions. Turn off cell phones and pagers; let the telephone answering machine get the calls. If you have kids, put them to bed before starting your date. Schedule this time like an important appointment. At least two hours should be set aside.
The evening doesn't have to be perfect. If something goes wrong, it doesn't have to be ruined. Be optimistic, go with the flow and continue. And when planning your next romantic rendezvous make a few minor changes for variety. Be creative and enjoy!
L.A. Hunter is the author of "Romeo's Playbook: A Man's Guide for Enhancing His Relationship and Sex Life." Along with being a romance consultant for other websites she is the founder of http://www.RomeosPlaybook.com, where men and women can get romantic tips, ideas and advice for their relationship. Free E-books offer.
This is an amazing story. It's about my friend Robert.... Read More
Everything was great.We had been dating for 6 months. We... Read More
Guys, I know the struggle, you want to give her... Read More
"The truth that makes men free is for the most... Read More
She was haunted by a man whom she had never... Read More
Harville Hendrix, in his book ``Getting the Love You Want''... Read More
1. Sticks and stones won't break my bones" ? and... Read More
Are Office Romance's really that bad? The answer is ?..it... Read More
So often in a new relationship we learn the dynamic... Read More
Usually we enter relationships hoping they will make us happy.... Read More
Today I received a question from a guy. Here is... Read More
Marriage can be one of the quickest and most effective... Read More
The word infidelity brings with it fear to every woman... Read More
When a guy gets turned down over and over again... Read More
Disaster results when we see women trying to change a... Read More
Teen relationships are touchy things. Girls are often ready for... Read More
Q. It seems that no matter what magazine I am... Read More
As there are different types of women, there are different... Read More
Mairi came into my life about two years ago. She... Read More
Relationships. Virtually all of us are in one, or at... Read More
We don't like to say it and we don't always... Read More
Over the past few months, things in my life have... Read More
What is domestic abuse?There are many forms of domestic abuse,... Read More
If you are dating, engaged, or still trying to find... Read More
Remember the Tom Cruise movie "Jerry Maguire?"From my seat in... Read More
False ForecastsThe typical methods for finding a partner are based... Read More
In the real world, can there be romance without finance?... Read More
Dr. Nancy Kalish, a psychology professor at California State University,... Read More
Breakups can be painful and difficult on so many difficult... Read More
Do you want be in a relationship that brings you... Read More
While doing my search for this idea, I came across... Read More
Have you ever been called a flirt?Good for you!You see,... Read More
How often do you think about what you are going... Read More
Q: Could you help us settle a growing conflict in... Read More
Do you remember when, as a small child at a... Read More
Dear Lucia,I know I made a stupid mistake but what... Read More
You've been dating the man forever, and he has yet... Read More
Is your love relationship smooth? Have the both of you... Read More
CHESS-MATEIf you're one of those guys telling to yourself that... Read More
Most people do not understand the nature of cheating within... Read More
Here's the scenario: Julie, a hardworking secretary, lent money to... Read More
O.k., you're standing there all alone at a party and... Read More
When starting a new relationship, many women (and men as... Read More
In every relationship there will be occasional misunderstandings and hurt... Read More
All I wanted was to fall in love and live... Read More
IntroductionDo you feel misunderstood by your partner? Seem to keep... Read More
Most think that relationships exist to make them happy. When... Read More
Some soul mate couples refuse to grow. They refuse to... Read More
Q: I've read that you are never supposed to bring... Read More
It's one of the ways you can spot a woman... Read More