It's not working. Your relationship with your partner is not the same. What can you do? These days more than 50% of all marriages fail for some reason. Usually the marriages are because of too much criticism over money or the children.
Often when people break off their relationship, something is missing. The "spark" has gone out of the partnership/commitment.
People who have been married a long time made a decision to love their partner and work at their commitment.
Perhaps these 10 tips will help you spruce up and lighten up your relationship.
1. Lighten up! Yes, don't get so serious all the time and break the tension. Poke fun at yourself and your partner.
2. No Arguments. You two may be different in your opinions in areas like politics and religion, avoid those topics. Talk about things you enjoy and have in common.
3. Time For Each Other. Set up specific times when you can get together. It doesn't matter what you do; shopping, errands, movie, events. Put it on your calendar and make sure you keep the appointment.
4. Start Over. Remember when you first met? What sparked the relationship? Were you doing new and exciting things together? Well, do it again.
5. Forgive Each Other. Before you forgive your partner, forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves another chance. Get over it and get on with your lives.
6. Touch. Your body loves to be touched. Do it for your partner; play with their hair, rub their hand, a soft kiss, a pat on the leg, back rubs, foot rubs. But do it in an affectionate way, not sexual.
7. Some space. Being together all the time may be cramping you and your partner's style. Spend some time apart. Let him go hunting/fishing, while you go to the library or a concert.
8. Predictable. Same ole, same ole. Day after day. Bored? A creative a habit? Or you get into a habit/schedule, break it! Do something on the spur of the moment. Surprise your partner and do it together.
9. Secret Getaway. Plan a trip or a place, where the two of you can be alone. Take your time and enjoy each other. Take it slow and make it romantic.
10. Communicate. A lot of times when relationships are having problems, the talk stops. Here is where you need to learn to listen to each other. Each of you should be able to just talk about anything and everything. Don't make any judgments. Listen. Let down your guard, no yelling or arguing. Just talk to each other.
Hopefully these tips will get you on your way to improving your relationships.
Kathy Thompson is a writer, speaker, coach, who can help you succeed in business and life with products, programs, and profiles. Her "Links for Lovers" can help you improve your relationships now. http://www.faceuptoit-youcan.com/11links.html
Contact Kathy at; [email protected]
is the most important question you'll ever ask yourself. Let's... Read More
It happened again!I was enjoying an evening with my little... Read More
The swinging lifestyle does not discriminate against race, body type,... Read More
Recent events in my life have taught me that the... Read More
If true love has been eluding you, you could increase... Read More
Destructive communication erodes self-esteem and harms relationships. Such communication patterns... Read More
Extra-marital Affairs?Yes or No!!! (Think and Tell)"Human Relations", a complex... Read More
We've all had relationships that we've looked back on and... Read More
What's all the Hype about Love Relationships, Anyway?Love relationships are... Read More
How much energy do you spend trying to get what... Read More
Accomplished women are losers in romance claims NY Times columnist... Read More
It seems as if creating successful relationships with our significant... Read More
Although conflict in marriage is inevitable, fighting is optional.The secret... Read More
Many guys are just too intimidated and full of anxiety... Read More
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is... Read More
Jamie and Kurt are a sweet, successful couple in their... Read More
"The important thing to remember when it comes to forgiving... Read More
Now I really have seen everything.The other day, I saw... Read More
Guys, I know the struggle, you want to give her... Read More
When asked why their marriage is on the rocks, many... Read More
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people find their "perfect... Read More
Are you dreading the holidays because you are single? For... Read More
Men and women can't really be just friends, can they?... Read More
Being in love does not mean that you should turn... Read More
Communication and listening is very important in any relationship. For... Read More
As a betrayed partner this was one of the first... Read More
Remember When?When you were in elementary school, high school, and... Read More
One of the very worst mistakes a man can make... Read More
Are men really from Mars, and women from Venus?'what women... Read More
There comes a point in every relationship when the person... Read More
1) Stay committed to your "right to be right."Argue for... Read More
Certain things about signs of infidelity come as a surprise... Read More
One of the biggest complaints women have about men is... Read More
Do you remember when, as a small child at a... Read More
RELATIONAL SUCCESS...Loving in the good times -- and the not-so-good... Read More
Emotional infidelity can start with a simple hi or a... Read More
Living with adult ADD can be quite a challenge. Not... Read More
Looks like everyone wants to sue someone right? Well, I... Read More
Love is exciting, and when a relationship is new, almost... Read More
I recently came across this quote:"There is a time in... Read More
If you are dating, engaged, or still trying to find... Read More
Diamond promise rings are quite common, but many are not... Read More
How to cope with your abuser?Sometimes it looks hopeless. Abusers... Read More
According to statistics, 50% to 70% of men cheat on... Read More
Relationship Tip 1I've been blessed with working with thousands of... Read More
Infidelity studies indicate that the percentage of cheating wives is... Read More
Relationships. They're complicated, right? At least that's what we've been... Read More
Stephen Covey in 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families says... Read More
1) Think short term.Many people enter marriage with the same... Read More
Are you tired of looking for love without success? If... Read More