Microsoft Great Plains and Microsoft CRM become more and more popular, partly because of Microsoft muscles behind them. Now Great Plains is targeted to the whole spectrum of horizontal and vertical market clientele. Small companies use Small Business Manager (which is based on the same technology ? Great Plains Dexterity dictionary and runtime), Great Plains Standard on MSDE is for small to midsize clients, and then Great Plains serves the rest of the market up to big corporations. Microsoft CRM is extremely scalable and fits to all the market niches.
It is always good idea to install everything on your own - however Great Plains requires combination of computer networking, some programming, good accounting/distribution/logistics/reporting background - so it is not a surprise that Microsoft Business Solutions requires their customers to have specially assigner Microsoft Great Plains Partner/VAR/Reseller to serve the account.
If you are IT Director/Controller who has the dilemma of proper partner selection ? read this and you will have the clues on where to look further.
1. Local partners - if you are in the remote area - there is often seen the opinion that local partner is the best choice. Consider this however as a contra argument - local partners maybe tiny with one/few consultants and they may not serve you adequately when you have somewhat complex - such as Manufacturing, complex Project Accounting needs, integration with UNIX-based legacy system, etc.
2. Mid-Size partners in Major Business Metros ? these companies were classical Great Plains VARS/Resellers with balanced application consulting and technical expertise. Please, consider these points, however: in recent recession most of such partners were bought or merged with big auditing companies and lost their flexibility, plus their consulting fee went up due to the fact of belonging to big conglomerates.
3. Nation-wide partners with local representative offices. This maybe a very good option, if you need kind of reliability and complete expertise - missing parts could be taken from different location with this specialization. However the hourly rates are probably the highest among the first three.
4. One-Project-Manager partner with Offshore consultants ? Well - this is very new type of partners - and you potentially can save a lot of money if you are risk taker - hourly rate is usually lower, price of the failure maybe higher.
5. Nation-wide partner with tiny local representation, serving via remote support. We are in this category, so let me tell you couple of good points here. Companies like ours - have to specialize in order to do excellent job in what we claim is our specialization (technology challenging projects with heavy customization needs). Serving via remote support lets us keep reasonably low rates and often go for fixed bids.
Also couple of hints about how do you switch the partner. It is actually more easy than you may think - you just send the new proposed partner the letter in free format saying that you would like to switch to you as my Microsoft Business Solutions partner - and this is it.
Happy shopping! if you want us to help you - give us a call!
About The Author
Andrew Karasev is Chief Technology Officer in Alba Spectrum Technologies ? USA nationwide Great Plains, Microsoft CRM customization company, based in Chicago, California, Texas, New York, Colorado, Washington, Florida, Canada, UK and having locations in multiple states and internationally www.albaspectrum.com, he is Dexterity, SQL, C#.Net, Crystal Reports and Microsoft CRM SDK developer.
Did you ever give a thought to the number of... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains is very good fit for... Read More
Microsoft Great Plains as ERP and Microsoft CRM as... Read More
There are several kinds of software piracy. The bottom line... Read More
When you first think about multicurrency ? you probably have... Read More
For those who are unclear on the differences between the... Read More
If you've been using MySQL database to store your important... Read More
When you double-click a layer in the Layer Palette, you... Read More
DBxtra is a powerful query and reporting tool that hides... Read More
Microsoft Great Plains is becoming more and more popular and... Read More
Passwords protect your most sensitive personal, financial and business information.... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions Navision serves both European and American megamarkets.... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains has substantial market share among... Read More
Designing without tables by using CSS layouts is fast becoming... Read More
Sometimes your PC will start acting strange for no apparent... Read More
The title of "software engineer" has got to be among... Read More
Great Plains Software Dynamics, Dynamics C/S+, eEnterprise were written on... Read More
Intro This concise article will tell you in plain English... Read More
Bar charts, bar graphs, and any other chart or graph... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains is marketed for mid-size companies... Read More
Sales are all about leverage, because there is only so... Read More
Microsoft CRM and IBM Lotus Notes Domino seem to be... Read More
I completed an experiment recently. I wanted to find out... Read More
Should one use Windows Update?This topic has good and valid... Read More
It is a well known fact that Java as a... Read More
In order to meet regulatory and corporate compliance requirements reporting... Read More
What is Tripwire?Tripwire is a form intrusion detection system (IDS)... Read More
Since Version 8.0 Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains & Great... Read More
There are certain pluses and minuses in both cases and... Read More
Remember nice and prosperous Clinton era? When you implemented innovative... Read More
This tutorial covers OLAP solutions used by Data warehouses and... Read More
Before being able to choose a secure Internet communication system,... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains and MS CRM (client relation... Read More
Collaboration SoftwareCollaboration Software, also known as group collaboration software or... Read More
What is installation in the language of technology? Installation... Read More
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM proved to be reliable solution in... Read More
Hey Guys! Don't raise your eyebrows or fear by hearing... Read More
Microsoft Great Plains is main accounting / ERP application... Read More
There are many commands that are used in linux on... Read More
How to delete the user? This is the first problem... Read More
Research bears that less than 70 percent of development projects... Read More
Icons are used everywhere; right from software applications, to internet... Read More
"Pfishing", sometimes spelled "Phishing", is a word that's used to... Read More
Siebel is traditional CRM market leader, however and mostly due... Read More
In the case when you represent mid-size or mid-size-to-large business,... Read More
If your company has regional and worldwide operations, you might... Read More
I love new technology. I am still ready to wait... Read More
I started using PIP (Picture It Publishing) Platinum 2002 right... Read More
Corporate ERP/MRP selection might be tough one, especially considering very... Read More
In order to implement VLANs in a network environment, you'll... Read More