1. Humor reduces stress levels and stress is the number one problem confronting employees today.
2. Laughter boosts morale while stress erodes staff morale. It is in the best interest of any business to invest in the happiness of its employees. Laughter is an effective barometer of just how happy your people are.
3. Keeping things in perspective tends to boost morale and humor helps us keep things in perspective.
4. Humor helps facilitate change. Change is inevitable and people who laugh well and often tend to be more flexible and adaptable.
5. Communication improves when humor is used appropriately. The timely use of humor can get a point across effectively and assists in the process of problem solving.
6. Laughter and humor relieve boredom and increase creative energy.
7. Humor builds confidence. When we laugh at ourselves we are less rigid and more spontaneous. We tend to bounce back more quickly when negative things happen. Humor also makes us less fearful of making mistakes and more confident about overcoming setbacks.
8. Laughter and humor promote positive relationships. When you hear a funny story your first impulse is to tell someone and share the laughter. When laughter is shared a natural bonding takes place.
9. Humor promotes happiness and joy. It's good to be alive.
10. Quality relationships are measured by the amount of laughter present. When relationships are good, people laugh a lot. The same applies to businesses. When employees enjoy one another and laugh easily and often, we see performance improve and profits increase.
11. The humor I speak of here must never be based on laughing at someone, racism, sexism, put downs, sarcasm or ridicule. These forms of humor are destructive attempts at making one look good by making another look and feel badly. There is enough good humor to last a lifetime. Just look for it.
THEY WHO LAUGH............LAST
Get a copy of his free cartoon ebook on humor and staff morale here http://motivationalplus.com/cgi/a/t.cgi?begin
Mike Moore is an international speaker on Humor in the Workplace/ Humor and Stress Management/ Humor and Staff Potential