This is one more article on "Organizing and Enjoying Your Life". Much has already been written about this in magazines, books and on Internet. In this article, I am summing up the important points; some of which are from my practical experiences and remaining I have read.
To enjoy life and be successful, you must have both personal goals as well professional ones. Setting goals and then trying to achieve them should be the theme of your life. Some examples of goals are:
* Keep yourself fit by walking at-least 30 minutes a day and exercising * thrice a week
* Pray regularly to purify your soul
* Spend quality time with your family
* Read a book
* Learn some new thing like a language
* Use your creativity and innovativeness to develop some utility / application
* Complete your assigned task in time
* Focus on what to do rather than how to do
* Use systematic approach to deliver good quality product
This list may go with no end and may vary from person to person but it is important that you set realistic goals in terms of your capabilities and time available. Never worry if some goal is not achieved rather try to find the reason behind it and take care of it next time.
This is the first step towards achieving your goals and organizing your life. Let us first see why it is important and later how to achieve it.
> You will not miss any important task
> You will finish your tasks in time
> You don't have to ponder what to do next
How to achieve it?
> Prepare a master-list of to-do tasks
> Spend few minutes at beginning & end of the day for planning your day and the coming one.
> Categorize the tasks on priority and importance basis. For e.g.
A ? Urgent and Important
B ? Urgent but not Important
C ? Not urgent but Important
D ? Not Urgent and not Important
Try to complete the tasks in the above sequence
You should always carry a notebook and a pen. It is absolutely necessary
as you have to jot down your goals, make a to-do list. You must also put on paper
your thoughts and ideas; you never know when one of them will work.
In addition to this, you must have an organizer that carry your and your
family details, address-book, yearly plans, travel plans, financial charts, birthdays, anniversaries, meal plans and a shopping-list.
EFFECTIVE DAILY ROUTINE
Everyone has its own life-style and time available to him. Here is a sample daily routine that works quite fine for me. You can chalk-out a similar routine that suits you.
1. Get up at 7:30 am
2. Get Fresh. I also glimpse through newspaper during this time
3. Drink lemon-honey water
4. Plan out my day
5. Offer Namaz / Read Quran ? I LONG FOR THIS
6. Get ready for office
7. Have Breakfast
8. Leave for office by 9:15 am
9. At the end of office hours, prepare a list of official tasks to be done next day
10. By 6 pm, reach home
11. Have evening tea with your loved ones
13. Prepare shopping list
14. Go for walk and shopping
15. Study / Do Programming
16. Have dinner with TV watching
17. Before sleep, work-out your coming day
18. Go to bed at fixed timing
I hope that this small article will remind you what you already know. I would be happy if it helps you. In the end, just start doing:
> Write your goals
> Start one of them right-now without worrying about perfection
> Be passionate about your goal and enjoy doing it
Syed Feroz Zainvi has obtained M.Tech. (Comp Sc & Engg) degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (INDIA). His areas of interests are distributed computing, computer graphics and Internet Technologies. Currently, he is involved in Software Project Planning, Development and Management. His other interests include writing for magazines and contributing utility softwares on Magazine's CDs. He also have flair for teaching computer science with new teaching methodologies. His web-page URL is http://www.geocities.com/zainvi_sf