7. Ezine Ads - create an ad for your product and find ezines that cater to your target market. Write several ads and track them until you find one that pulls well.
8. Signature file - include this all your online and offline correspondence. Set up your email client so that it does this automatically each time you send out an email. Include your name, who you are, what your business is about, a way to subscribe to your newsletter, your web site address and your email.
9. Write articles - ezine publishers are always looking for original content. You can include a link back to your web site in your signature file. If several ezine publishers (that may have thousands of subscribers) publish your article, you can get hundreds of links pointing back to your web site.
10. Reciprocal linking - get links from other sites that compliment yours. ie if you just offer web design and someone else offers search engine optimization you could exchange links with each other, thus adding to the quality of each of your sites.
11. Forums - offer your help to other forum participants then leave a link back to your site in your signature file. Popular forums are spidered regularly by the search engines, thus giving your site a link boost.
12. Offline marketing
Not all your customers are online. Market offline by including your web site information on all stationary ie letterhead, and business cards. Place ads in newspapers, trade publications, send out postcards, fliers and get involved in local organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce. You can even set up your own local club or be a guest speaker for others.
Continuously evaluate, test and refine your web site marketing strategies so that you can apply them to any product. These are the keys to building a successful online business.
Here are the 6 Web Site Marketing Strategies discussed in Part 1 of this article.
Herman Drost is the author of the popular ebook: 101 Highly Effective Strategies to Promote Your Web Site Subscribe to his "Marketing Tips" newsletter for more original articles at: [email protected]. You can read more of his in-depth articles at: http://www.isitebuild.com/articles