Here are 10 great ways to boost your web traffic:
1. Consider trading links with other websites. Make sure the website you are trading with has the same subject as your site so that you receive highly targeted traffic. Trading links is so effective because those who come to your site through another site of similar content, are sure to be interested in what you have to offer. Also consider trading banner ads, half page ads and classified ads.
2. Write articles relative to the subject of your website. Include your website link and website information at the beginning and end of each article and then submit them to ezines and websites of the same subject matter as your own website. This way you will receive highly targeted traffic, and if your article is well planned and well written, then you will gain respect from potential customers.
3. Give away a free ebook to everyone who signs up to your ezine or becomes a member of your site. This will act as an incentive for browsers to sign up and become potential customers and will also encourage visitors to tell their friends about the freebie on your site.
4. Start an ezine for your website. This will remind people to come back to your site to check for updates. It will also encourage people to tell their friends. Be sure to have a "tell a friend" link in the ezine, which readers can click to recommend your site.
5. Start a recommendation system, where you give out rewards to those who recommend your site. This will give your current visitors and incentive to tell their friends. People listen to what their friends say and think and so will definitely explore your site.
6. Create your own ebook. The ebook should be on a subject relevant to that of your website. Make sure to include links to your site in the ebook but be sure that readers know what they are clicking on; otherwise they are unlikely to click. State clearly that readers may give your ebook away freely to others. This is a sure-fire form of viral marketing.
7. Participate in forums and discussions on the internet relevant to the subject of your website. Give helpful advice to those who need it and if they are pleased with your help, then they are very likely to visit your site. Make sure you leave your website address and website information at the end of every post.
8. Use traffic generating websites to temporarily boost your traffic. This will gain your site fast, free traffic and will guarantee a steady flow of traffic. Make sure the webpage you advertise stands out immediately for maximum results.
9. Hold a contest or competition on your site. This will bring people to your site if there is a good prize and not only will you gain people's email addresses, you will also have them returning to your site periodically to check whether the results of the competition are out. You will also gain much targeted traffic if the prize is to do with the subject of your
10. Participate in chat room discussions relevant to the subject of your website. If you discuss well and interestingly, while adding your link into the conversation every now and again, then people will go to your website with a very positive impression. They will trust you too, and therefore they are more likely to buy a product from your site.
For more information on this subject or about making money online go to http://www.info-ebooks.co.uk
100s of free ebooks and software products are also available at this address.
Thanks for reading,